NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- BUY: "WESTWARD: THE NOVEL" (2018)
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
- BUY MY FIRST NOVEL: Portsoy Woods (2016)
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BLOG~ What I Learned from Daniel ~
- BUY THE BOOK: "Rational Preparedness"
- BLOG ~Rational Preparedness~
- NEW BLOG:Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: If I Were to be Honest
- BLOG: If I Were to Be Honest
Monday, August 19, 2013
One Wet August
This is the busiest week of the year for me. Two of my sons have birthdays this week, as do I. It's usually quite hot here this time of year and in addition to the birthday activities, caring for animals is usually harder. Then there is the mad dash to have sufficient money for tuition to colleges or even to borrow it, and the concerns for textbooks which go up as quickly as the egregious American national debt ! This year we have about eight inches more rainfall than is normal for us, and this means that a lot of our outdoor activities have been impacted by so much water. We usually try to squeeze in a vacation, although this year it will be economically unfeasable. Still it is a great time of year. In August we sit on the precipice of new projects. Most of us who started school in September of each year adapted to the rhythm of stretching our souls each Autumn, and then coasting, just a bit, through the Summer. I am afraid I have been set to that template also. I will continue promoting the books that are out there, continuing on ongoing projects, and outlining for a lengthy book which is coming off in the distance. Enjoy your Summer.