NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- BUY: "WESTWARD: THE NOVEL" (2018)
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
- BUY MY FIRST NOVEL: Portsoy Woods (2016)
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BLOG~ What I Learned from Daniel ~
- BUY THE BOOK: "Rational Preparedness"
- BLOG ~Rational Preparedness~
- NEW BLOG:Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: If I Were to be Honest
- BLOG: If I Were to Be Honest
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Making Use of Opportunities to Promote Books
Today I am being interviewed by a radio program related to one or both of the books I have written. It's about another half an hour until the hour long interview, which is taped in advance and will air another time. You would think that since I did my own radio show for a time, that I would be an old hand, but I am not. I am nervous. This is interesting because when I was a teen, I was absolutely fearless in terms of speaking in public, debating team types of things, or singing in public if this were necessary. This is not who I am today. As I have aged and raised five children, I find I am much more content to allow them time in the limelight, or allow them to have recognition for something they are doing. I am content for them or for my husband to get recognition, and I am less comfortable with recognition for myself.
This is not a good thing, because in order to promote a book or books, one must be willing to do whatever promotions are possible, whether it is television, radio, travel, book signings, etc. I have been slow to accept such opportunities or to properly exploit them. I have spent my days blogging and worming horses rather than promoting my books. This will need to change. Wish me luck !
I'll let you know when this one airs.