Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Tentative 2013

I'm going to "buy in" to the idea that the new year could be a good one.
 

 
 Many years ago, when our young family moved to the country, there was an educated but very elderly man who lived on one of the older farms here.  In one of our conversations, he told me that he knew my future and could tell me what it was.  I asked him what it was, and he told me that in my life, I would experience good things, and bad things.  He has long since moved to a town, but I here he is still doing well and in his late nineties.   I often think of what he said, and I am afraid he is correct.  I have been very blessed to you have had some good luck and some good experiences in life, and I have also experienced some sad and very unlucky experiences.  Apparently, this is part of life and of our time on Earth.
     So, I remind you, as we embark on a new year, 2013, that it may be filled with some bad things. Much  higher taxes, greater controls of the citizenry, restrictions of our rights, increased food and milk prices may all be in the offing.  However, a new year means that good things can happen also.  There will be new opportunities, new challenges, and chances to discover new gifts, and maybe even new places. Rather than being negative, let's try to see the newborn year as an opportunity.  Happy New Year to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment