NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- BUY: "WESTWARD: THE NOVEL" (2018)
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
- BUY MY FIRST NOVEL: Portsoy Woods (2016)
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BLOG~ What I Learned from Daniel ~
- BUY THE BOOK: "Rational Preparedness"
- BLOG ~Rational Preparedness~
- NEW BLOG:Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: If I Were to be Honest
- BLOG: If I Were to Be Honest
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Some Days Aren't Meant for Achieving Anything
This week, the weather here has been quite cold for the season, and then warm the next day. Then, a very distant neighbor who is moving away decided to burn a bunch of plastic toys which generated a thick pungent black smoke that oddly blew this way. I think my lungs were irritated and then I got exposed to a virus, or perhaps I have a new allergy to the buds on the trees. I have had what seems like a chest cold ever since. I never report even distant neighbors for things, but I have asked them not to burn plastics and tires before. The result is a chest cold which is going to sink everything I had to do today. Between using a nebulizer with medication, every four hours, cough drops, hot lemon and hot tea, I barely have time for anything else. I did do one thing today. I wanted a tasty lunch which would be easy to eat. I reconstituted four portions of Augason Farm's freeze dried chili as directed. Then I added a can of Campbell's tomato soup. (You can add the water with the can or leave it out. I've done it both ways.) Then I cooked a large hamburger on the grill, crumbled it and placed it in the chili soup mix. Sometimes a chili soup quickly made is a great comfort. Have a great weekend. I think some low achievement days should be built into everyones calendar.