Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Launch of a New Blog

I can't talk about launching anything, without thinking of ships or sailboats. This is a model of the Cutty Sark.

 

   What's the matter with this woman ?   Doesn't she have enough to do with her other blogs ?   There is Rational Preparedness: The Blog centered on reasonable family preparedness issues, and there is What I Learned from Daniel: The Blog, which is a bereavement and memorial blog designed to be inspirational.  There are two books that have been recently released, which are the topic of the other two blogs. Now, there is this blog.  Is this woman really manic ?  Well, no, not really.
              I have done a lot of things in this life.  Perhaps I am easily bored. Perhaps I have interests in a great many things and this makes it difficult to remain in only one occupation.  Perhaps I just believe in making use of every opportunity and every moment.  I have been a Registered Nurse in a variety of settings and roles. I have been an Adjunct College Instructor.  I was reasonably successful at both.  My most important role has been as a wife and as a mother to four biological children and then one child through adoption, and this colors my perspectives I think, more than anything else.
               As my children grow and leave the nest, and I find I am somehow surprisingly still young, I have tried my hand as a radio talk show host, which frankly, I did not enjoy all that much, and now as an author. Let's see if I can earn a living as a book author in a bleak economy.  In any event, following my launching my new books,  in a field in which I know almost nothing, ought to be amusing.  Welcome !

No comments:

Post a Comment